France is probably the Brit snowboarders’ favourite snowboarding holiday destination. From Morzine to Meribel, Chamonix to Avoriaz, most boarders have been on the piste in the French Alps.
The best things about snowboarding holidays in France:
- Awesome terrain – The French Alps have some of the best conditions and terrain in Europe. From mellow tree-lined runs to super steep red and black runs like ‘The Wall’ there’s something for everyone in most French resorts.
- Apres-carve – The French resorts are amongst the best for lively nightlife, teeming with drunken Brits and a good party scene.
- Haute cuisine – The French certainly know how to cook. Expect excellent grub from the self-proclaimed gastronmic centre of the world.
- Top notch lift systems – In most resorts you should never have to use the dreaded T-Bar to get the slopes. Chairlifts rule!
Things to consider when snowboarding in France
- It ain’t cheap! – Since the bankers sent the value of the Great British Pound into a tailspin the Eurozone has become a much more pricey place to visit. Expect to pay £7 or more for a pint of lager.
- Busy, busy, busy – the French slopes can be hellishly busy, even the red runs. This can be disconcerting for beginner boarders and frustrating for intermediates. Avoid half-term and Easter at all costs!!
What do you think about snowboarding in France? Let us know by leaving a comment below!