Austria is a popular and safe snowboard holiday destination. The great freestyle riding and huge amount of terrain is mirrored by popular resorts and busy nightlife with a distinctly Germanic feel – this is where Germany comes on holiday the winter.
The best things about snowboarding holidays in Austria:
- Freestyle central – Austria is widely regarded as the best European centre for Freestyle snowboarding with parks everywhere.
- Party central – packed resorts and a young, vibrant scene mean Austrian resorts have a great party scene.
- Cheapest Alp action – Austria is the cheapest of the countries that have access to the Alps, although it’s not Aldi cheap!
Things to consider about snowboarding holidays in Austria:
- Too meaty for some – The Austrian’s love their meat – Vegetarian’s beware! There’s an infamous quote to illustrate this. “In Austria, even the vegetarians eat meat.” However if you love the meat Austria will be ideal!
- Cable car queues – Most Austrian snowboard resorts access the slopes via a cable car which can result in big queues in the morning and on the way back down.